She’s back
Well it is official, my good friend Eileen is back in the bunker. It has actually been official for about a week but I have been lazy in writing this. This is the third time she has been transferred from the corporate mother ship to the cave and I for one am damned glad to have her there. Hopefully we can keep her this time. We talked about throwing her a ‘Welcome to the bunker (take three)’ party. The cake was gonna say something like, ‘third time’s a charm’. Our theme song was going to be Hotel California by The Eagles. (“You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.”) We also discussed having everyone dress in prison clothes but thought that might be taken the wrong way by other people in the building. (I can’t imagine why.) I tried to find a book about living with out the sun but failed. I also looked for ‘How to Escape a Black Hole’ but no luck there. As noted previously, some of us have taken to posting the number of days we have left there. Someone taped the number one million to her desk as a welcome sign. (No, it was not me. I wish that I had thought of it though.)
Eileen – I am really happy to have you there with us forever and ever and ever and ever and ever... :)
Robert – you are next

7 Comments:
Your story telling always has me laughing. I think what Eileen really needs is sympathy cards and I night out with friends listening to a live band at the Sigma Grill :)
Thanks Joel! You all know I'm just thrilled to be back. (Did I say that with a straight face?)
[kris]
Good afternoon from Phoenix. Just wanted to let you know that the sun is shining brightly this morning after the monsoon rain last night. Did I mention the sun? It's going to be a lovely day, with a high of 98 degrees, partly cloudy due to the monsoon season. But mostly, there's plenty of sunshine.
Enjoy the bunker, Eileen!
In honor of Eileen's return, here are my top 10 reasons to love the Bunker:
10. Strawberries delivered
9. Smoke breaks
8. Fitness center / gym access
7. Ultimate frisbee on the roof
6. 80's music Tuesday
5. Chili days
4. The blast of air you get when entering the bunker
3. It's within an hour of Roanoke
2. No annoying glare from sunlight on your monitor
1. Joel & Co.
I'm impressed you came up with 10. And 10 good ones :)
But of course! Everybody knows nobody (who counts) can take a joke there!
Boo!
apparently a joke isn't enough anymore
Post a Comment
<< Home