Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Diet

Ok, in case you were on the edge of your seat waiting for more information or maybe just barely interested I thought that I should post some sort of update.

Well it is not going very well. In the first week I lost five pounds and Lorree lost seven. Since then I have held steady and Lorree has lost a few more pounds. But I don’t blame the diet; I actually think it is a great diet. The food is very flavorful and I have enjoyed almost everything we have made. For my part I think the problem is a lack of exercise and despite the meals being healthy not cutting my portions to reasonable levels. For both of us it is the complete departure we take every weekend. For instance, Lorree has introduced me to the Mafioso pizza at The London Underground in Blacksburg. It is a meat lover’s pizza that is excellent. If you are not interested in a full meat pizza their other pizzas are delicious as well. We have made a couple lunch time visits to eat pizza and play darts. Anyway, you get the idea.

So we are going to rededicate ourselves to this and see how we can do. Wish us luck.

4 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Good luck! I read today that studies now show that Atkins is the most effective ... but it is incredibly hard to stick to.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Yeah Atkins is great. Steak, bacon, eggs, etc… and very good for weight loss. What is not to like? Well I also hear it is very unhealthy for you in the long run. A couple nutritionists I know have very negative opinions of it. And I understand that if you ever stop the weight comes back pretty quickly.

Mainly I just want to eat reasonably and get exercise. That is truly the best diet. :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

I have to admit, it hasn't worked so well for my in-laws :). I'm not an advocate, but coincidentally I had read an article about that study just before I read your BLOG.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger r.m said...

"We have made a couple lunch time visits to eat pizza and play darts" and not a single call or text to invite our friend Robert to join along :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home