Catch-up
Last night I came home from running, took a shower, put my dinner in the oven and then stood confused as the electric power went off throughout my side of Blacksburg. You see I have an electric stove so without electricity my dinner won’t cook. God I love gas stoves; now if only I had one. When life gives you lemons…. I grabbed various snacks (crackers, cheese, etc…), a bottle of wine and then headed to the basement where I lit a fire in the fireplace. Sometimes life just works out.
I am very sorry that I have not written in a long time. I have either been too busy or just not in the mood. I even fell far behind on my reading of other’s Blogs. Hopefully this will be a short catch-up.
Work – Well I have been out of work for a month now and I am pretty happy about that. The only down side is that when you are not employed you have more time to spend money. At the end of last week I was told that The Bunker wants me back and that they will “meet my conditions”. While that sounds good and makes me feel needed there is no way I am going back there. Well not full time anyway, I have offered to come back for a short period of time to help them out. Someone who I previously supervised sent me a job opening that if I got it would make me their project leader again. I found that very flattering (thank you) but I am not ready to move yet. However I am ready to go back to work. So by Monday I’ll have a resume together and start looking. Fortunately I do have a part time gig babysitting. I would like to send a special thank you to those of you who have bought me meals because I was unemployed. I am free for lunch all next week and most nights for dinner.
Life – I shaved my head. Yup, I sure did. Actually I did it awhile ago but did not want to post until I had surprised as many people as possible. Now as I move around I can feel a cool breeze but I am pretty happy with it. Yes, I sent my hair to Locks of Love. Other than that been running, biking and reading often.
Romance – Sadly there is nothing to report here. I need to change the pictures in my online profiles now that I am hairless.
House – I finally settled down and did some work on my guest bathroom. I also spent so time in the yard cleaning things up and getting ready for winter.
Travel – I went up to DC to watch VT beat Maryland. It was fun trip and I go the chance to see a couple friends that way. Last weekend I skipped down to Tennessee to see a couple other friends. We did the whole Halloween party thing where I dressed up as a vampire.
Well that is about a month. There has been more but probably not worth typing about. Heck probably half of this was not worth typing about. I promise to stay on top of this better. You’d think being unemployed I’d be updating hourly. :)

3 Comments:
MR CLEAN!!!!
Come on back to the bunker! Its no fun without our fearless leader!
Yes, go back to the bunker - all the really cool people are doing it...
Isn't the bunker what caused your hair to fall out? :)
How about lunch?
Post a Comment
<< Home